09 September 2012

NATIONAL DAY PART 2

There were tons of people gathered in the Marina Bay area to watch the fireworks to celebrate the National Day and it came on around 7:53 pm. I could almost hear Katy Perry's song "Fireworks" resonating with brilliance in the sky.

The sky came alive for a few minutes but about ten minutes later, the last burst of massive fireworks exploded in the night sky before it resumed its darkness once again for the months to come. 

The next time such a spectacle would happen would be the end of the year 2012 and the beginning of next year 2013.

Anyway, I was overseas recently and realized once again that there is no place better than home. I might be physically at a different geographical region, but my heart was bound to home. Throughout the trip, I had 3 episodes of chest pains. Call me dramatic, but when the plane encountered any turbulence over the 12 hour flight and when I had my chest pains, my first thoughts were always whether I would be able to see my loved ones again. So you see, home is where love is.