05 December 2013

CHRISTMAS DECORATION

This year's Christmas decoration looks like of out of the norm for me and I am still undecided whether I like it or not. 

I must admit that we often get brainwashed to accept things that are similar because it is safer to follow the masses. But I don't think this is the right approach if we are serious about creativity and innovation. It is always important for someone to think differently because this will give rise to diversity and new ideas.

In the movie "World War Z", I remember one of the characters said something to Brad Pitt, who was looking for a solution to the zombies problem, to the effect that if there were ten people in a group and when they voted, it was important to have at least one who voted differently from the rest. He explained that it was this unique ability to think differently from the rest that helped him built a high wall to ward out the zombies while the rest remained oblivious to the impending crisis.
I always love to look out for Lee Hwa Jewellery's unique window dressing.

I love the bright glittery colours of Christmas.