26 January 2014

THE LEGEND OF HERCULES

I was a fan of Kellan Lutz since The Twilight saga movies and I still am. However, I was quite sure his movie "The Legend of Hercules" would not propel him to the same league as Robert Pattinson and true enough, this movie wasn't a hit and I think it fared poorly at the box office.

Starring Kellan Lutz as Alcides, otherwise known as Hercules, Gaia Weiss, Scott Adkins and so on, the story was slightly different from the ones that I know of. Kellan often played minor forgettable roles in other movies such as "The Twilight" saga, "Immortals" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street" and this is one of few movies where he played the lead role. Sadly, with his bulky built-up body with ripped muscles, he wasn't charismatic enough and wasn't able to draw the audience with his acting. I can't explain why but I guess it is one of those either you can make it or you don't scenarios.

On a personal level, I didn't think the movie was bad and I did enjoy it although if one was comparing it to the Twilight saga, then it wouldn't be good enough.