26 October 2011

WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER

I don't think this is a popular movie, judging from the small audience in the cinema. But it stars two of my favourite actor Chris Evans and actress Anna Faris and there was no way I was going to miss it.

Ally, the protagonist in this movie, realized from a magazine that she was sexually very promiscuous compared to the average women i.e. sister, girl friends, in her life. She already had 19 sex partners and according to the survey, women were unlikely going to be married once they have more than 20 sexual partners. Hence, she vowed to stay celibate until she meets the final one in her life. Therein began her search for ex-boyfriends or past partners in her attempt not to cross the magical number. Colin, the next door neighbour and a playboy who has a different sex partner every night, agreed to help her track down her past partners but ended up falling in love with her.

Compared to heavy 'Real Steel', this is a light-hearted comedy of sorts. I love Anna Faris, who always plays bimbo but likeable characters with a sweet voice in movies, such as 'Scary Movie' and 'The House Bunny'. Sadly, I feel she seems to have aged quite a bit since her role in the latter, which was shown in the cinemas not too long ago. I hope she won't disappear from the big screen any time soon.

As for Chris Evans, I feel such roles are most suitable for him although these roles would never bring him any fame. In my view, his cheerful and playful demeanour and personality suit such characters perfectly, unlike the round peg in a square hole role in 'Captain America'.

It is interesting how both of them were willing to bare all in some scenes in this non-critically acclaimed movie. Call me weird, but I at least had some peace between the ears after the very noisy 'Real Steel'.