22 January 2012

CHOCOLATE

I was in the van and suddenly I noticed this butterfly perched on the top of the cushion seat. It looked kind of strange to me, especially since it was motionless and its colour was a mix of two shades of brown.


It reminded me somewhat of a Chocolate Pansy or Chocolate Soldier. After taking several photos, it dawned on me that the right side of its wings was damaged. Only half its right wings remained and I was actually staring at part of the upperside of its left wings, hence the odd colouration. This probably explained why it wasn't flying.


Anyway, I placed my finger there and coaxed it to climb onto the finger before transferring it onto a tree branch outside the office. I doubt it would survive long since it was incapable of normal flight but at least it beats dying in a van.