05 June 2011

BAY EAST

Other than birds, there is an interesting range of butterflies in the park.

These photos bore evidences of the presence of these butterflies. I was extremely delighted to see a Blue Pansy butterfly because even in HortPark, I hardly got to see it and yet here it was, flying in circles around me.

Then there was a Black Veined Tiger (scientific name: Danaus melanippus hegesippus), which is the least common of the 3 Danaus species, which includes the Plain Tiger and Common Tiger. I saw it flying near the shore around the Crotalaria retusa, which I recently planted, before it settled on a branch of the Bougainvillea. Wow, I was intrigued by its presence.


A link on the latter is shown below:


http://butterflycircle.blogspot.com/2008/01/flying-tigers-of-singapore.html