20 October 2012

TAKEN 2

At 56, Liam Neeson sealed his position as an action hero since the 2008 predecessor movie "Taken" which took the box office by surprise. The Irish actor has made many movies since the 80s and filmed quite a number of movies in recent times such as "Clash of the Titans", "Wrath of the Titans", "The Grey", "Batteship". Unlike his younger contemporaries who became action heroes at a younger age, this seasoned and brilliant actor is convincing as a tough secret agent despite his age.

This time round, the movie was set predominantly in Istanbul, which frankly I didn't like. As the CIA Operative Bryan Mills who went to Istanbul on a mission, the fiercely protective husband and father had to single-handedly risked life and limb to rescue his ex-wife Lenore (played by Famke Janssen of "Ex-Men" fame as the character Pheonix) and daughter Kim (played by Maggie Grace) from a legion of his enemies, who were relatives of the men he killed in "Taken", away from his home ground. His job trained him to be a relentless and focused killer with an obsessive compulsive disorder and super-memory who, despite being blindfolded earlier, managed to retrace his steps to the kidnapper's secret hiding place based on his specific set of skills alone.

Seriously, he is not someone to trifle with or whom you want to make enemies of. Especially not after the famous line uttered by him in the first movie to the kidnapper Marko whom took Kim:
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
With the success of "Taken 2", now there are talks of a third movie. If this is true, I am definitely looking forward to it since I am very impressed by his commanding voice and versatility in acting.