05 March 2014

CAMBODIA

The riverscape
I don't often put up a post on stuff that I did not see or experience myself. But this is an interesting one that I shall not miss. 

A friend went to Cambodia's Phnom Penh and these are the photos he sent me of the Angkor-Wat and the Banteay Srey Butterfly Centre that he visited. It seems the latter's enclosure had a footprint smaller than that of the one that was previously setup at HortPark. I heard the traveling time to the sites was almost 6 hours but the enclosure and sites were hardly impressive. I guess sometimes it's our expectations that kill the joy of visiting new places. 
Angkor Wat





Admission charges to Banteay Srey Butterfly Center



Connecting communities, creating livelihoods





I think these look like cut mangoes

a Lacewing on the Tithonia rotundifolia


a Lacewing on Duranta


Life Cycle of a Butterfly

Different types of butterfly pupae

a Lime Butterfly




Boxes of caterpillars













Why do we need butterflies?

How does butterfly farming work?
What is the difference between butterflies and moths?