17 December 2012

BACHELORETTE

This movie was compared to "Bridesmaids" by numerous sources. Starring Kirsten Dunst, Lizzy Caplan, Isla Fisher, Rebel Wilson, James Marsden, Adam Scott, Kyle Bornheimer and Andrew Rannells, this story is about a super-sized girl Becky who's getting married, much to the surprise of her bff Regan and other friends Gena and Katie, who were all roped in to be bridesmaids on her wedding day.

Kirsten Dunst was Regan, who was downright irritating. I didn't like Kirsten as Mary Jane in the Spiderman movies, and neither did I like her as a foul-mouthed, selfish and hypocritical girl friend of the so-called "pig-face" Becky of their high school class. The insecure Becky got Regan to be her chief bridesmaid to help organize her bachelorette party and wedding reception, but the latter with her pot-smoking friends Gena and Katie almost screwed up her wedding.

Fortunately, it all ended on a happy note although I wasn't too thrilled by it. I think, no I most definitely feel, that "Bridesmaids" has a much better storyline with more humour. What struck me when Kirsten and James first appeared on the scenes were how much they seemed to have aged. They no longer looked youthful with their now sagging facial skin and loss in mass. But then again, it is also happening to me. Time and tide really waits for no man.