17 December 2009

BELL

After we went for our short morning walk on 15 Dec 09, I thought you were dying and was extremely worried. I thought you finally succumbed to liver failure after taking years of medication.

You did not eat, drink or peed the whole day. You only laid on the cushion or floor and refused to do anything else. You looked listless and tired. Most of the time, your eyes were closed or half closed. Even when I carried you, you didn't flinch or made any attempts to struggle free. You simply laid there as if you had no more energy to do anything.

You refused to come for your usual snacks and wasn't excited when I beckoned you to go for a walk when these seem to be the only 2 things in your life that make you excited and jump for more on normal days.

Fortunately, you woke up better on 16 Dec 09 and I saw you ate and drank lots of water. Otherwise, I would have to stay home to watch over you instead of going to work. Today, you were almost back to your usual self!

And that itself is a huge relief.