07 February 2010

BRUGMANSIA

You see these hanging lady's finger-like structures on this photo taken on 23 Jan 10? They are actually the floral buds that would be opening soon.

Me and my itching fingers could not resist moving this entire pot of Brugmansia further indoors since the day I bought a whole lot of new plants e.g. rose, that need lots of sun.

And guess what? All the new and developing floral buds, big and small, started dropping one by one over the week, alongside with bits and pieces of my broken heart. Every night when I came back from work within the week, I picked up the dropped buds from the floor. What had I done? I literally murdered the buds! I cannot imagine how much of the plant's resources went into the production of these buds. The last I counted, there were at least 18 aborted buds.

So sad! Now I moved it back to its original place as shown here. I now learnt that don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you! This is a huge lesson to me.