28 February 2010

FEBRUARY RAIN

After weeks of sweltering heat, there was a heavy downpour on last Friday afternoon, that ended a dry spell for most people in many parts of the island.

I said most people because whilst my colleague said it was raining cats and dogs in the Singapore Botanic Gardens, it was just a passing drizzle at HortPark.

I wished I was caught in the heavy rain, so I could enjoy the peltering raindrops on me. Well, it is now back to the hot weather once again. On the news, there were earthquakes at Chile. Seriously, we should take a look at what we have done to mother nature to bring about such freakish weather that is becoming more and more common everywhere.

Earth Day is approaching, so perhaps we should think what we can give back to mother nature what we have taken from her so far.