18 February 2010

TIGER

It is now officially the year of the tiger. for this year, I was reminded to keep a low profile because it is not a good year for me. I wonder how I can really do that yet get my job done at the same time? Hmmm.

On a separate note, I read in the recent newspapers that tigers are now poached close to extinction in the wild. Previous estimates put the wild population at 100,000 but the figure has dwindled down to just about 3,000? If nothing is done to stamp this illegal activity, we would not see another tiger in the next cycle of the tiger year in 2022.

I hope man would be more responsible towards such wildlife because the earth is really dying because of our years of exploitation of mother nature and its inhabitants. Would man ever wake up to realise the folly of his mistakes? I hope so.