29 August 2011

SINGAPORE BOTANIC GARDENS

I know my blog and posts are boring to most people but it wouldn't stop me from posting because this has become like a photographic diary to me. I could never maintain a diary for more than 3 months but I have this blog for more than a year now and I still have not entertained the idea of shutting it down. For this, I am proud of myself.


So anyway, these are some interesting plants at the Singapore Botanic Gardens. The first is the strongly variegated Sanchezia nobilis, which I find astonishingly and amazingly beautiful since the first time I saw it at the former Alexandra Hospital.


The second is the native Peristrophe roxburghiana (common name: Magenta Plant; Family: Acanthaceae) with small purple two-lobed flowers. Frankly, I am not particularly wowed by this herb.


Then there are these very cute Plectranthus scutellarioides 'Trailing Salamandar' (common name: Coleus) and the uncommon and straggly Plumbago indica. I posted on the Ardisia gigantifolia on 7 Aug 10 and looked how big they are now. However, I hate it that they are suffering from severe nutrient deficiency symptoms.