10 July 2011

TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON

I used to watch the Transformer cartoon when I was young and the lyrics of the song 'Transformers, more than meets the eye' is so catchy and unforgettable. In fact, I have watched every single one of the movies and this one is no exception.


This time, the war between the autobots and decepticons goes a step further and involves a scheme to teleport their world Cybertron to earth and enslave the humans. The  machines and humans fight ensued for two and a half hours and I was totally bored stiff. For a while, the machines hunting and killing the humans made me thought I was watching the other alien movie 'Skyline'. There was no element of surprise or suspense for me.


But don't get me wrong, the movie is full of action-packed sequences, the CGI effects are fantastic and the cast comprising the boy next door actor Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel etc is amazing. However, I just don't dig the whole merchandise. It is entirely my fault that my interest and curiosity were not piqued. Seriously, I have not come across that many movies that are original, thrill me to the nines and get my vote of endorsement.


Next!