11 September 2011

SOUTHERN RIDGES 7

I was on familiar grounds once again. It was so heartening to see the Amesio and Caesal looking so good. 


There was also the bed at the base of the bridge that I love so much. Although it wasn't planted by me, I still love to see the contrast between the various plants e.g. Sanchezia nobilis and variegated Sanchezia, variegated Excoecaria cochinchinensis, Ligustrum 'Lemon Lime and Clippers'.


Once again, I don't know the identity of the blue-flower shrub but it reminds me of the Blue Ginger (scientific name: Dichorisandra thyrsiflora; Family: Commelinaceae). By the way, this plant is related to the uncommon Siderasis fuscata (common name: Brown Spiderwort, Bear Ears), which I now know the name. There is also that very beautiful green wall planted with the likes of Philodendron erubescens 'Gold', Caladium bicolor and assortment of Episcia cupreata.


Most of the vegetation is looking so lush and green and even the Trevesia palmata and Caryota zebrina are growing taller than me now.