10 January 2010

BEGONIA SEMPERFLORENS

This pot of double-petaled Begonia was bought by me during Clean and Green Singapore at HortPark in early Nov 09 from Candy Floriculture's stall.

Since then, I left it in my office and neglected it until mid Dec 09 when I brought it home. When it was at the office, it received little sunlight and sporadic watering since I was on leave on most of the days. The leaves looked terrible and there was not a single flower in sight.

After bringing it home, I repotted it with a Clematis and applied lots of organic fertilizer and placed it along the corridor alongside my Brugmansia and Antigonon. See what a little sunlight, fertilizer and repotting can do to rejuvenate a deteriorating plant. Now it has produced lots of pretty and sweet small pinkish-red flowers, which was the reason why I bought it in the first place. But whilst moving it around, I sometimes damaged the delicate herbaceous stems.