19 December 2010

THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: THE VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER

I have never read a single book of The Chronicles of Narnia series although I know of at least 2 friends who read the fantasy series of 7 books.

'The Voyage of the Dawn Treader' is the 3rd movie I watched on this series after 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe' in 2005 and 'Prince Caspian' in 2008. However, I have no intention of reading up on the books and prefer to watch the movies with a fresh mind so that I would not compare the movies and the books.

The characters Lucy Pevensie (played by Georgie Henley) and Edmund Pevensie (played by Skander Keynes) have come a long way and have grown so much since the last 2 movies. Peter Pevensie (Wlliam Mosely) and Susan Pevensie (Anna Popplewell) have a very small role in this 3rd instalment.

In this movie, a new character Eustace Scrubb (Will Poulter), the Pevensie's cousin, was introduced. He was so irritatingly good. Yes, there is no mistake in what I wrote. He was such a whiner and snob but the young actor's acting was so naturally convincing and excellent! I was most impressed by this character in the movie and I was told that his character would be appearing in the next film.

I suppose it is inevitable that there would be comparisons between this series and the Harry Potter movies. Due to its religious allusions, I am not surprised that it is not as popular as the latter which is somehow darker and which is coming to an end come mid 2011. Anyway, a link on this movie series is as shown below: