27 December 2010

ICE AGE - SCRAT

Today, I went to watch "Gulliver's Travels" starring Jack Black but that is not what I am going to post about. There was a pleasant surprise right before the movie began.

The movie opened with a short clip "Scrat's Continental Drift" to promote the upcoming cartoon "Ice Age 4: Continental Drift". I have personally watched "Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" only but that was also after I saw the short clip on scrat to promote the movie. I feel the non-speaking scrat, a sabre-toothed squirrel from the ice age, is the heart and soul as well as the best character and part of the cartoon compared to the other speaking characters. Whenever he appears, he is always going after and is in pursuit of the elusive acorn. Yes, it is elusive because he always fails to get it. He provides so much comic relief within the few minutes without even uttering a single word and that is just so amazing!

For part 4 of the movie, I simply love how scrat was responsible for the continental drift. You should see how continents like Australia, Africa etc were formed when he traveled to the core of earth and back to the surface. The producers are extremely creative to come up with such an incredible idea and they rock! Now I really look forward to watching the cartoon movie although it was slated to be released in 2012 only.

Anyway, I attach below some links and youtube videos of short clip on scrat. However, what is shown here on the continental drift is only a fraction of the clip I watched.

Ice Age 4 - Continental Drift

Ice Age 3 - Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Ice Age 2 - The Meltdown

A link on the movie series is shown below: