27 March 2010

CASSIA

The truth was, when I alighted from the van and saw this tree from afar, I actually jumped up and down in excitement. Throughout the whole trip, this was really one of the pink moments that I would remember for a long long time!

No one shared my crazy enthusiasm though. They all took photos of this tree so calmly, unlike me.

I know we would not be able to have this extensive flowering in Singapore even if we have the tree here, just like the Cassia fistula that usually flowers disappointingly in our climate.

There were hardly any leaves and the pinkish-white flowers completely took my breath away. I know that this is nothing compared to the flowering cherry blossoms in Japan, but still it was a spectacle to me when almost all the trees in the vicinity were just green and blended against the background.