10 June 2010

PURPLE

I absolutely love this Gynura aurantiaca (Purple Velvet Plant) when I first my eyes on it from a book.

Imagine my excitement when I saw the variegated version of this plant on sale. On the web, it is known as Gynura aurantiaca 'Purple Passion'. Without hesitation and without any need for convincing by the grower, I bought the variegated version of this plant. The texture of the leaves really felt like velvet and it was just so pretty.

I grew the variegated plants in this white container and displayed it in the Lifestyle Corner for a while before it was removed by the group of colleagues who took over the site subsequently.

Recently, I saw this potted plant just outside my office and under the light, it looked every bit the gorgeous beauty that I first saw, albeit it was more beautiful than before because it had grown so much and so well in the span of a year. Much of the variegation was lost and the new shoots have reverted to being the normal colouration.But it is definitely a good and must have houseplant for the home.